Open position: Senior Python Developer @ Squirro
We are looking for an experienced Python developer for full-time employment.
You will be part of the core platform team building Squirro, the personal digital research assistant. Within days you will be taking over the responsibility for sizable portions of this new platform. You’ll be part of a small developer team building a scalable real-time application. And that 100% in Python.
Together we’ll build an open platform based on REST web services.
- Extensive experience with Python
- Familiar with HTTP / REST, especially aspects such as performance and caching
- Familiar with asynchronous processing and queuing, for example using RabbitMQ
- Experience with testing and test-driven development
- Work permit in Switzerland, which is given for citizens of EU and EFTA member states
Existing knowledge in any of the following is not required but helpful:
- Experience with search technologies such as Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch
- Cloud deployments, especially with Amazon Web Services
- Configuration mangement with Puppet
Squirro is a Swiss startup. We are a team of passionate Internet geeks and entrepreneurs. We love Python and are very open about how we develop. We mainly use Flask and our own WsgiService at the moment. We work with Git, believe in testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment. Our work is structured with Scrum.
We are located in Zurich, Switzerland. The city has repeatedly been rated as one of the very best cities to live in.
In the first phase we built the online note-taking tool Memonic.com available on the web as well as mobile and desktop devices. Now we are expanding the Memonic platform to become a real-time knowledge gathering tool. Call it the next level of note-taking.
- Patrice Neff
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: patriceneff
- Phone: +41 44 586 98 98